Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Equipment: You need 12 skewers for this recipe.
Ingredients - serves 4
- 750g extra-trim lamb leg steaks
- 4 lemons
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2cm-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain. Cut lamb into 3cm pieces. Cut 2 lemons into thin wedges. Thread lamb, lemon wedges and zucchini onto skewers.
- Finely grate rind and juice remaining 2 lemons. Whisk 1/3 cup lemon juice, oil, mustard, and salt and pepper together.
- Cook rice, following packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Add lemon rind and parsley. Stir until well combined.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue plate on high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Spray skewers with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning, or until cooked through.
- Place skewers onto a plate. Drizzle with lemon juice mixture. Serve with rice.