- Barbecue, char grill or griddle iron.
- Food processor for paste
- Skewers (soak in water to prevent burning)
- 12 King prawns ( ask for U/6’)
- 12 Skewers
- 3 Lemons ( juice + zest)
- 2 Red chillies ( deseeded)
- ¼ Bunch basil leaves
- ¼ Bunch parsley
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 80g Pine nuts, toasted
- 100ml Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and de-vein prawns down to the last tail.
- Skewer prawns from tail to head making straight.
- To make the pesto, combine in food processor garlic, herbs, lemon, and pine nuts, adding oil a little bit at a time. Season to taste.
- Marinate and coat prawns in baste and grill on both sides for 2 to 3 mins.
- Great served as an appetizer or entrée and best eaten straight from the bbq.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.