Yummy recipe of Grilled steak with mushroom crust and potato smash! Enjoy grilling & bring happiness to everyone around the table.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (200g each) beef sirloin or porterhouse steaks
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- mixed salad greens, to serve
- Potato smash
- 700g chat potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make potato smash: Preheat oven to 180°C. Pierce each potato 4 times with a fork. Place potatoes on the outside edge of a microwave turntable. Microwave on high (100%) for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool. Using the heel of your hand, flatten potatoes slightly. Place potatoes, in a single layer, in a large greased roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove to a baking tray.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Remove to a food processor. Add breadcrumbs. Process until combined.
- Spread mushroom mixture over steaks. Bake for 10 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Serve steaks with potatoes and salad.