- 1 lb store bought pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 zucchini, shredded 8 oz no-salt-added tomato sauce1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Cooking pizza on the grill gives it some of the tantalizing smokiness of pizza baked in a wood-fired or brick pizza oven. Experiment with other toppings, such as mushrooms, sliced onions, or roasted bell peppers - just grill them (on the warming rack coated with cooking oil) before browning the pizza dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Set aside. In another small bowl, combine the zucchini and salt and let stand for 10 minutes. With your hands, squeeze the zucchini dry and set it aside. Meanwhile, when ready to cook, spray the grids with cooking oil. Then preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to an 11-inch circle or rectangle. Place the dough on an inverted baking sheet sprinkled with flour. Slide the dough onto the grids and grill for 2 - 3 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Using two spatulas, flip the dough. Spread the reserved tomato sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the zucchini, mozzarella, corn, and scallions on top and grill, covered, for 3 - 4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 4 servings
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.