Tasty recipe for Whole BBQ Snapper with Mediterranean Marinade of tomato, lemons, capers, garlic, cummin, paprika, onion, brunoise, olive oil and pepper.
BBQ Mixing bowl
Alfoil baking tray Chopping board
Chef knife Fish Slice
1 x Whole Snapper (2 kg)
- ½ Tomato, diced
- 3 x Lemons, 2 x zest + juiced, 1 x wedges
- 50g Capers
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 Tsp Cummin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ onion, brunoise
- 50ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat bbq to 200 deg C.
- In a bowl combine all marinating ingredients and taste for seasoning.
- Clean and scale fish and remove excess fins to prevent burning.
- Score fish in 3 incisions along fillet ½ way through to spine each side.
- Season fish on all sides with salt and pepper and add marinade to the incisions and centre of the fish along with slices of lemon wedges.
- Place fish into a suitable fish cage or into an al-foil tray and pour over excess marinade. (Tray version is fine covered with foil).
- Turn centre burners off while leaving outside burners on, place fish in the centre of the bbq and close the hood. Your fish will cook for 25mins per kg.
- Fish will be tender to touch and eyes will be a pearl white when ready.
- Great to serve as a shared fish in center of table for two.
- Pour juice from tray over the fish just before serving.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.