Enjoy this beef Barbecue recipe with chimichurri salsa, a Cuban-inspired way to serve up beef fillet - full of color and spices
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 of each green, yellow and red peppers , cut into strips
- 2 small sprigs of thyme
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- olive oil
- 2 slices serrano ham , chopped
- 200g pinto beans , cooked
- 1 tomato , peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 x 200g pieces beef fillet
- 2 tbsp guajillo dry pepper powder
- 7 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Spanish paprika
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (dried or in brine) pink peppercorns , crushed well
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- olive oil
- Gently fry the onion, pepper strips, thyme and crushed garlic in a little olive oil for 15 minutes. In a separate pan, fry the ham, beans and tomato in a little olive oil. Season, then mix the peppers and beans together.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and the guajillo pepper powder. Griddle (char-grill) or barbecue for about 4 minutes each side for rare, 5 for medium.
- Rest for 10 minutes while you make the salsa.
- For the salsa, whizz the garlic, paprika, vinegar, pink peppercorns, herbs, 3 tbsp olive oil and some salt.
- Put some of the bean mixture in the centre of each plate, top with the beef and serve with the salsa.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favourite social network.