Chicken Tikka is an easy-to-cook Indian dish in which chicken chunks are marinated in special spices and then grilled on skewers.This chicken recipe is perfect for the grill or barbecue - and it's low-calorie too.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapattis , warmed, to serve
- ½ cucumber , halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- juice 1 lemon
- 50g pack lamb's lettuce or pea shoots
- Put 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so). In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers. Cook under a medium grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favourite social network.