If you like steak, try this tasty recipe of Pepper steak with tomatoes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (250g each) beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 500g truss cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- potato salad, to serve
- Rub both sides steaks with oil. Place pepper on a plate. Press steaks into pepper to lightly coat.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Barbecue steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, spray tomatoes with oil. Barbecue tomatoes, turning occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Arrange rocket on serving plates. Serve steaks with tomatoes and potato salad.
- Variations: Rump steak (250g per person) and scotch fillet (200g per person) are suitable alternatives to sirloin for this recipe.
Super Food Ideas - October 2006, Page 63
Recipe by Annette Forrest
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.