The sweet, Asian flavours in this light dish make it ideal for a quick lunch
Easy - Serves 4 - Prep 5 mins - Cook 10 mins - Heart healthy
- 4 x 140g/5oz salmon fillets
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- small knob of root ginger , peeled and grated
- 1 mild red chilli , finely sliced (deseed if you want less heat)
- bunch spring onions , finely sliced
- 1½ tbsp sweet soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 x 20g pack coriander , leaves only chopped
- Heat grill to high. Place the fish in a shallow baking dish, then grill for 4-5 mins until cooked through, but still a little pink in the centre. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a wok, add the oil, then stir-fry the ginger, chilli and spring onions for 2-3 mins. Stir in the soy, sugar and a splash of water, then take off the heat. Throw in the coriander and serve immediately with the salmon. Delicious with rice or noodles.
SPICY CHICKEN WRAPS Use 4 chicken breasts instead of the salmon. Slice the chicken into strips, then stir-fry with 2 tbsp oil over a high heat for 5 mins. Add the ginger, chilli, spring onions and soy as above. Toss in the coriander, then roll up in warmed tortilla wraps.
For perfect salmon, always undercook it slightly, then cover and leave to stand for a few mins. As it stands it will carry on cooking gently, resulting in velvety, just-cooked fish.
Nutrition Per serving
281 kcalories, protein 29g, carbohydrate 3g, fat 17 g, saturated fat 3g, fibre 0g, salt 1.52 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, October 2007.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.