Ingredients - Yield: 4
1/4 Cup fresh lime juice with pulp
2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons minced green onion
1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/2 Teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Cups GRILLED OR COOKED TURKEY, shredded
1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
As needed olive oil
1/2 Cup sliced green onion
1 Medium carrot, cut into 2X1/8-inch match sticks
1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 Cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, gingerroot, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a large saucepan. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10 x 13 inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
- Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of pizza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and cilantro. Sprinkle pizzas with cheese.
- Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 minutes or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.
- NOTE: To set up GAS grill for indirect cooking, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place pizzas over “off” burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium. Close lid to cook. To set up CHARCOAL grill for indirect cooking, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable aluminum pan in open space. Place pizzas over open area and close lid to cook.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.