Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 long red chillies
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g piece beef rump steak, trimmed
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, torn (see note)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Finely chop 1 chilli. Place chopped chilli, fish sauce, kecap manis, lime juice, garlic, sugar and oil in a jug. Whisk to combine. Pour half the mixture into a large, shallow ceramic dish. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture. Add beef to dish. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Deseed remaining chilli. Thinly slice. Place beef on a platter. Sprinkle with coriander, basil, peanuts and sliced chilli. Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Serve.
Super Food Ideas - October 2008, Page 73
Recipe by Cathie Lonnie
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.