Barbecued steak with potato and red onion
Fire up the barbecue and cook marinated lean steak with fresh veggies for a nutritious, not to mention delicious, meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tbs oregano leaves, torn
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup (125ml) white wine vinegar
2 tbs olive oil
700-800g piece rump steak, trimmed of fat
2 large desiree potatoes, thickly sliced
2 large red onions, thickly sliced
1 cup wild rocket leaves
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. For the marinade, combine oregano, garlic, vinegar and oil. Place steak in a dish and pour over half the marinade, turning to coat.
2. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Set aside remaining marinade.
3. Meanwhile, blanch potato in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until just starting to cook on the outside but still firm inside. Drain and refresh, then place in a bowl with onion and reserved marinade, turning gently to coat. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
4. Heat an oiled chargrill or barbecue over medium heat. When hot, cook the potato and onion, basting frequently with marinade and turning once, for about 15 minutes or until lightly charred all over. Keep warm. Increase the heat to high and re-oil. When hot, cook beef for about 6-7 minutes each side until medium-rare (or until cooked to your liking). Remove from the heat and stand for 5 minutes, then slice.
5. Divide the beef, potato and onion among serving plates. Sprinkle with the rocket leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
delicious. - September 2005, Page 149
Recipe by Nancy Duran
More steak recipes
Steak with barbecue Sauce
Grilled steak with mushroom crust and potato smash
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.
Posted by Eiman Baidoon
Labels: Grilled Steak