What's better than a steak burger? A deluxe steak burger, of course! And this one will go down a treat at a Sunday barbie.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 x 120g beef scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
olive oil cooking spray
4 rashers Primo short-cut rindless bacon
4 bread rolls, halved
4 slices swiss cheese
50g mixed salad leaves
1 cup beetroot relish (see related recipe)
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Combine mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Spray both sides steaks lightly with oil. Barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest.
- Add bacon to barbecue plate and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp.
- Preheat grill on medium heat. Layer cheese on cut side of bread roll tops. Place under grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread garlic mayonnaise over bread roll bases. Top with salad leaves, steaks, bacon and beetroot relish. Sandwich with bread roll tops. Serve.
Super Food Ideas - December 2006, Page 70 - Recipe by Alison Adams
Teriyaki Steak and Pineapple Skewers - Steak Sandwiches - Barbecued steak with potato and red onion
Save and share Deluxe steak burgers recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.