Try an Easy recipe for Steak with pepper sauce. Learn how to make delicious Steak with pepper sauce.
Ingredients (serves 1)
3 chat potatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
220g scotch fillet steak
1 1/2 teaspoons drained green peppercorns (see note)
1/4 cup pouring cream
80g green beans, topped (see note), washed
50g baby spinach leaves
- Place potatoes in a shallow microwave safe dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 3 minutes or until just tender. Cover with foil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
- Add peppercorns to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in cream. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Place beans in a small freezer bag. Twist top to secure. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Untwist bag. Add spinach. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Place steak on a plate. Spoon over pepper sauce. Serve with vegetables.
- Green peppercorns come in cans and are located in the supermarket spice aisle.
- Preparing green beans: When we list green beans in a recipe's ingredients, we say to 'top' them. This means to cut off the stalk end of the bean, leaving the pointed end intact. You can check for strings but most bean varieties now are stringless.
Super Food Ideas - April 2005, Page 21 - Recipe by Alison Roberts
Teriyaki Steak and Pineapple Skewers - Grilled Strip Steak - Deluxe steak burgers
Save and share Steak with pepper sauce recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.