Sweet potato & feta salad recipe
Sweet potato, traditional in Aussie roast dinners, also works well as a potato salad with the salty feta.
Ready in 30 mins
800g orange sweet potatoes , cut into slices
100g baby spinach
4 tbsp pine nuts , toasted
1 small red onion , cut into thin wedges
200g feta cheese , crumbled
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. Simmer the sweet potato slices in salted water for about 5 minutes until only just turning tender (they cook quicker than ordinary potatoes). Drain, cool, then toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and season.
2. Heat the barbecue and cook the sweet potato slices for a few minutes each side, carefully turning only once, until completely tender and very chargrilled.
3. Toss the spinach, pine nuts and red onion together and scatter over a large serving platter. Top with the feta.
4. Whisk the balsamic, 1 tbsp olive oil, honey and mustard together and season well.
5. Pile the sweet potato on top of the salad and drizzle with the dressing.
Nutrition per serving
501 kcalories, protein 13g, carbohydrate 53g, fat 28 g, saturated fat 8.7g, fibre 5.9g, salt 2.28 g
Recipe from olive magazine, July 2006.
Grilled Potato Salad Recipe - Smoky chicken with warm corn & potato salad recipe - Grilled steak with mushroom crust and potato smash
Save and share Sweet potato & feta salad recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.
Posted by Eiman Baidoon
Labels: Grilled Vegetables