Grilled cumin chicken recipe
The Grilled Recipes kitchen invites you to try Grilled cumin chicken Recipe. Enjoy the best of grilled recipes and learn how to make Grilled cumin chicken.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 20)
3 (about 1.8kg each) fresh or thawed frozen chickens
3 tbs ground cumin 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
Rhubarb & ginger relish, to serve
1. Wash 1 chicken inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place the chicken, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Use poultry shears to cut along either side of the backbone. Discard backbone.
2. Cut breast in half, splitting breastbone. Use a sharp knife to cut each side in half, between thigh and breast. Cut drumsticks from thighs. Remove wings from breasts. Repeat with remaining chickens.
3. Combine the cumin and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle the chicken with the cumin mixture and rub evenly into the skin.
4. Preheat a chargrill or barbecue plate on high. Cook chicken pieces on preheated grill for 15 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Season with sea salt flakes and pepper, and serve with rhubarb & ginger relish.
You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Continue from step 3, 30 minutes before serving the main.
Transport tip: Prepare chicken to the end of step 3. Store in an airtight container and transport in a cooler bag or esky. Cook at destination.
Good Taste - December 2004, Page 68
Recipe by Rodney Dunn
More Grilled Recipes:
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic-Oregano Vinaigrette and Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
Grilled Chicken Pitas
Grilled Steak Salad, Caesar Style
Grilled Steak and Vidalia Onions with Mustard-Worcestershire Vinaigrette
Grilled Steak and Papaya Salad
Swordfish steaks with chermoula
Save and share Grilled cumin chicken recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.
Posted by Eiman Baidoon
Labels: Grilled Chicken