Grilled mushroom & haloumi skewers recipe
The Grilled Recipes kitchen invites you to try Grilled mushroom & haloumi skewers recipe. Enjoy easy grilled recipes collection and learn how to make Grilled mushroom & haloumi skewers.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 5)
12 x 20cm bamboo skewers
36 small button mushrooms
1 x 250g haloumi cheese
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs chopped thyme leaves
1. Soak skewers in water for 1 hour. Remove and set aside.
2. Trim mushrooms stems and wipe mushrooms with a clean damp to remove any grit or dirt. Cut haloumi in half lengthwise and dice into twenty four 2cm cubes.
3. Thread three mushrooms onto each skewer, alternately with two pieces of haloumi, starting and finishing with a mushroom.
4. Place skewers in a single layer into a large non-reactive baking dish. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and thyme. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Pour over skewers and marinate for up to 30 minutes.
5. Heat a chargrill or BBQ plate over medium high heat. Cook skewers 3-4 minutes, turning frequently until cheese and mushrooms have softened and are golden. Remove and cover to keep warm. Serve warm with baby salad leaves and shaved carrot. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Fresh Living - 3 October 2005, Page 46
Recipe by Michelle Lucia
More Grilled Recipes:
Carrot & Sesame Burgers
Stuffed peppers on the barbie
Greek Grilled Cheese
Grilled halloumi with spiced couscous
Grilled asparagus & haloumi
Save and share Grilled mushroom & haloumi skewers recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.