Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
The Grilled Recipes Kitchen (The home of grilled food) invites you to try Grilled Specipeicy Cilantro Chicken Recipe. Enjoy grilling and learn how to make Grilled Specipeicy Cilantro Chicken.
Grilled Spicy Cilantro Chicken—ready in 35 minutes—gets its kick from cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and black pepper.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
2/3 cup olive oil $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 medium-size jalapeño peppers, seeded
2 bunches fresh cilantro (about 3 cups loosely packed leaves)
2 bunches fresh mint (about 1 cup loosely packed leaves)
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
12 small skinned and boned chicken thighs $
8 plum tomatoes, halved $
Freshly ground black pepper
Assorted chopped fresh herbs
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Process first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a blender until smooth. Add mint and next 3 ingredients, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
2. Rub 1/2 cup cilantro mixture over chicken; cover and chill 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cilantro mixture for Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza and 1/2 cup to serve with chicken.
3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill, and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grill tomato halves 3 to 5 minutes or just until they begin to blister. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with desired amount of olive oil, and top with chopped fresh herbs. Grill naan 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until puffy and soft.
5. Reserve 6 chicken thighs and 4 tomato halves for Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza. Serve remaining chicken and tomatoes with grilled naan bread and reserved 1/2 cup cilantro mixture.
LEFTOVER DINNER: Grilled Chicken Naan Pizza: Preheat oven to 450°. Thinly slice 6 Grilled Spicy Cilantro Chicken thighs. Place 2 naan breads on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; spread each with 1 Tbsp. reserved cilantro mixture; layer each with 1/2 cup sliced chicken, 4 reserved plum tomato halves, and 4 fresh mozzarella cheese slices. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with arugula. Serve with remaining cilantro mixture. Makes 4 servings.
More Grilled Recipes:
Brined Grilled Chicken Breasts with Red Chile Oil Recipe
Rosemary Shrimp Skewers with Arugula-White Bean Salad Recipe
Prawn skewers with pistachio dukkah recipe
Barbecued garlic and chilli prawns with saffron mayonnaise
Barbecued vegetable pizza
Barbecued chicken with guacamole
Save and share Grilled Specipeicy Cilantro Chicken Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.