|Marinated Grilled Chicken With Watermelon Salsa|
Total Time 25mins
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yield 4 chcken breasts
Low fat and easy with fresh summer flavours. You can use canned mangoes or substitute canned peaches. Adapted from Cooking Light.
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cups watermelon, in 1/2 inch dice
1 cup mango, in 1/2 inch dice (or canned peaches)
1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a zipper bag and mix.
- Add chicken, seal, and smoosh around to coat.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Combine salsa ingredients and stir.
- Plate chicken on pre-heated grill coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side, less for thighs, or until cooked through.
- Serve with salsa.